Wednesday, June 25, 2008

She's HERE!


What are the chances of my water breaking during the night and Jeremy being on OB call the next day with no one to relieve him??100% Yep, at about 2:00 am I rolled over and my water broke and Jeremy is on call today...OB call. So we packed up the kids and drove them to our good friend Heather's house. Then off to the hospital. We got to the hospital at about 4:00 am and I got my epidural at 6:55 am ( the anesthesiologist on call was getting off at 7:00 am and Jeremy was taking over for him at 7:00 am ) they started the PIT at about 7:30 am. Jeremy was running back and forth putting in epidurals and checking on me. I was relaxing while Jer was in a C-section and then....I was ready to push. Jeremy came in about 10 minutes before I was ready to push and Macie ????? ( we still don't know the middle name) Poulsen was born at 10:36 am. She weight 6lbs 11 oz and was 19 inches long. She is super cute and looks like a good mix of all three of our kids. We are glad she is here. Check the website for all of the pictures.

11 comments:

Heather said...

Yeah! She is so super cute - I'm glad that I got to come see her already. I'm also glad that I am randomly unable to sleep in the middle of the night! Call whenever you need anything!!!

Angie said...

OH Talli, she's gorgeous!!!!! She is so perfect. I can't believe that Jer had to be on call! I'm so sorry that he couldn't be there with you the whole time. I'm so glad that he was able to be there for the delivery though. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! What an exciting time for you guys. I love the new pic of Zach too. He is so handsome and I can't believe how much he has changed in the last year! whoa! We miss you guys so much and wish we could see you.

Todd and Anna said...

Congratulations!! She is beautiful!! Glad that Jeremy was able to be there for the actual birth, and for some of the labor too. Can't wait to see all the pictures on your website, thanks for posting it on the blog!

amydear said...

Hurrah, hurrah! I am so excited for you guys! I am going over to check the website for pics. I can't believe you are sooo lucky to go early. And you weren't even on the treadmill! Sorry J was on call -- glad he could be there.

Heather said...

Holy freak girl! That is a story that you'll laugh about in about 10 years! She looks huge in the picture - very beautiful. I'm still in the "freaking out about having another one" stage. You're always so good about taking things in stride.

Way to go and congrats from us losers still stuck in limbo!

The Poulsen Family said...

Congrats!! I told my mom on Tuesday that you'd have the baby between then and the 4th of July and when I got off the airplane in Salt Lake on Wednesday I got the good news! Did I call it or what? :) I'm so excited to meet Macie!! I'm glad that she got here safely and that you all are doing great! Make sure to post more pictures soon :)

Janie said...

Congratulations!!! She is beautiful you are very lucky to have such gorgeous and healthy children. I am so sorry Jeremy was on-call during your labor, really what are the odds of that??? I am glad he made it for the birth.

Jen A. said...

She's beautiful!! Congratulations. I'll check the website for more pictures! You need to plan a trip to Vegas soon, or maybe we should plan one to Cali !!

Liz said...

Congradulations!
It seems like yesterday I had Eli, but then I look at him and he's huge. The time really does fly! Cherish the time she is little it goes by way too fast!

jan said...

Congratulations. She is so cute. Lucky Jer was on call at the same hospital. Can't wait to see more pics.

John said...

Hi Talli,
I didn't even know you were pregnant. Congratulations to you too! What a fun story about the timing of her birth and Jeremy being on call. It was fun checking out your blog. Looks like you are all doing well.
Janette