Sunday, May 18, 2008

Cutest Carseat EVER!





Jeremy's parents came to visit us this past weekend. On Friday Jeremy's mom asked me what I needed for the baby. I told her that I had pretty much bought everything I needed but I had been looking into baby carseat covers on line. My current baby carrier was still in good condition but the padding or cover was in really bad shape. It had been through 3 babies and had a few rips and was faded. I showed Debi what I had found online and that they were so expensive ($60-$200) and that I could buy another carseat for that price. She suggested we go and find some fabric and she would see if she could make one. Sure enough-she picked the other one apart and used it as a pattern and made me a new one. She also made a matching blanket and brup rags. I am so lucky to have such a great mother in law! She is so talented. I think it is the cutest carseat ever!!! Thanks mom!!

11 comments:

amydear said...

Wow! That is pretty amazing and so cute. I can't wait to hear about her birth . . . not too much longer! Your mother-in-law is very talented. I love the material you chose.

Heather said...

Looks super cute! I knew you could do it. We are having fun here, you all would love this place and it is so kid friendly too! Another reason to buy a Marriott Time Share. See you next week!

Michelle said...

That is so darling!! She should go into business! Is the babe going to come before we move? the count is on... 25 days babe!
We want to see a picture of your darling belly!
Loves,
Michelle

Angie said...

Sounds like she is amazing to be able to sew it that well! I'm glad that you have a cover that you love and that the new baby will look so cute in her car seat!

Becky said...

Oh my gosh! That's amazing! Is she one of those ladies who can make just about anything? Maybe you should send her my way . . . :)

mama bear said...

I am so jealous, that is the cutest carseat ever! She should sell them, or at least the pattern. I'd buy it!

Ken and Amy said...

You are going to be one stylin mom carrying around the cutest baby in the cutest carseat ever!!! Everyone's going to ohh and ahh and be jealous!

Mandy said...

That is an amazing carseat cover! She needs to go into business! When are you due, I can't remember! Looks like you all are doing well, love all the pics!

Janie said...

That is the cutest car seat ever! I can't believe she just made it!! She should go into business, she'd be rich.

Janis Aden said...

WOW! That is such a cute carrier. I really need to keep up on your postings. I didn't know you were having a baby. Congratulations! We are so happy for you all.:) Good luck on delivery. Hope all goes well. Love all the pictures. Keep them coming you have an adorable family.
Love Janis
Aden blog: jjjzz.blogspot.com

Shelly Crowley said...

Now you are ready for that baby! Let us know when it's time, we can't wait to see her!