After only a few long training runs Jeremy completed his first 1/2 marathon. He was a bit nervous...okay, a lot nervous but he did it in 2:34. I was so proud of him. We ran the first 9 miles pretty close together ( I was having to stop at the port a potties every few miles) so we ran most of the first part of the race together. I had a bit more in my tank so I took off at mile 9 and ran the rest of the way without him. I came in at 2:24 (I wasted 10 minutes waiting in port-a-potty lines). Not a PR but for being 15 weeks pregnant I can't complain (yes, that is an announcement!). We are expecting baby # 4 the first part of July. We had a fun day at the race and now Jeremy is HOOKED! He wants to run another 1/2 in May. Yeah! Check the website for more pictures!
Saturday, January 19, 2008
He did it!
After only a few long training runs Jeremy completed his first 1/2 marathon. He was a bit nervous...okay, a lot nervous but he did it in 2:34. I was so proud of him. We ran the first 9 miles pretty close together ( I was having to stop at the port a potties every few miles) so we ran most of the first part of the race together. I had a bit more in my tank so I took off at mile 9 and ran the rest of the way without him. I came in at 2:24 (I wasted 10 minutes waiting in port-a-potty lines). Not a PR but for being 15 weeks pregnant I can't complain (yes, that is an announcement!). We are expecting baby # 4 the first part of July. We had a fun day at the race and now Jeremy is HOOKED! He wants to run another 1/2 in May. Yeah! Check the website for more pictures!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


10 comments:
Congratulations on finishing the race. I'm always super nervous before a race but once it starts the nerves just seem to go away. We'll have to run a race together one of these days!
my congrats as well on finishing the race and doing it in such good time Jeremy! Also congrats on the wonderful announcement. That's really exciting! Keep us updated on how things are going!
Congrats on finishing the race in good time, and the BABY! We can't wait to hear all about Poulsen #4. You'll inspire us to have 4 too.
Wow, you ran a 1/2 marathon while you are 15 weeks pregnant! I am super impressed and I think you are a little crazy.
Congratulations on both accounts! Way to go Jeremy on his first!
Wow, good job both of you! And congrats on the new baby, you'll have to let me know how 4 is, I'm not sure if we'll ever make it past 3!
Congrats on the race and on the pregnancy! Glad you were both able to run, and that the potty breaks didn't slow you down too much. We are excited for you guys to have #4. Let us know if you find out the gender.
Congrats Jer and Talli on the race and baby! We may end up in Cali as well...we are trying to get in at Travis Air Force Base. Keep in touch!
You Go Jer!! I still have visions of the whole family going out with the double jogger and Zcool riding his bike.. so fun. i miss those days..
What a man Jeremy! Holding back to let your woman through first;> Congrats on the new roommate. When does he/she arrive?
Wow....15 weeks pregnant and running a 1/2 marathon! Congrats! You inspire me!
Post a Comment