Saturday, May 28, 2011

And it begins...

I got a phone call from a lady on our ward this afternoon who lives in the Dunes ( a community just up the road from us where a lot of our friends live). She was frantic!!! She said that her house was going to flood and she wanted to know if my brother (who had just moved here from Arizona yesterday still had her moving truck). He didn't have to take it back until Monday morning. He said he would be happy to let her use it. Jer and Mike went over to their house tonight to see really what was going on and if they could help. They were packing up everything they owned. They tore up the carpet in their basement and even took out their furnace. This is the first we have heard of any flooding in the area. The Missouri river has been pretty high but it was like that last summer.
While I was finishing my lesson for church tomorrow I got a text from Jer letting me know that church has been cancelled and that everyone needs be helping those who will be affected by the flood. Church cancelled??? Church never gets cancelled. I actually thought he was joking (Jer would cancel church every Sunday if he could:-) It wasn't until I got a text from another one of my friends in our ward that I realized church really was cancelled. Could this be something that we need to worry about???

No comments: